At 67 Richmond Street West (at Bay Street) just a stones throw from my workplace sits one of Bay Streets most adored quick fix lunch joints, Sandwich Box. Mind you, you will be paying $9 for a sandwich but they are oh so good. The restaurant features two soups each day, a diverse and eclectic “pay your weight” salad bar and custom made sandwich station. I have always ordered a sandwich box where you:
1) Choose your desired bread from about ten different artisanal varieties.
2) Choose your spread: I have an affinity to their basil pesto, kalamata tapanad and sun-dried tomato spreads.
3) Choose your meat: I have a great love for their prosciutto.
4) Choose your vegetable: they have a wild array of vegetables I enjoy their grilled red peppers and caramelized onions.
5) Choose your cheese: Fat dumpling sized boccaccini.
The sandwich interior is then drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and given a squeeze of fresh lemon. Toasted on a panini grill and placed in a cute little white take out box with a balsamic tossed spring salad. This time around I ordered a honey and oat hearth bread, sun-dried tomato spread, boccaccini, roasted red pepper and proscuitto. Delicious!
#59 restaurant reviewed in Ontario since moving to Toronto in 2010.